Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

After some time not using my printer from college, I decided to start using it again. However, the ePrint functionality does not work anymore. To my understanding, I need the "Claim Code" to make an email address to use ePrint. When trying to obtain the claim code from web services by visiting my printers IP Address, the printer refuses to connect to the server. My printer is connected to the internet. Do web services just not work anymore? This process of getting a claim code is so convoluted. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Sigmundslim, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues with getting the claim code, follow the steps below to resolve the issue-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve any connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, follow additional troubleshooting steps from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All the software and drivers page is installs the HP easy Setup .dmg. This only installed the HP Easy Scan software. It switched it from AirPrint Driver to the HP Driver, and still the problem persists where this printer does not connect to the internet. However, it still lets me print over my WiFi. This makes no sense. Is this printer too old to receive web services?

HP Recommended

Additionally when I try to use the EWS, it constantly goes from Enabling Web Services, to saying Retry. 

HP Recommended

@Sigmundslim, thank you for the response.

If the printer is connected to your wireless router, it is also connected to the Internet.

Note: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.

If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected to a wireless network.

If the issue persists, restore the network settings to defaults on the printer.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status screen.

2. Press the Settings button to access the Wireless Settings menu.

3. Select Restore to Default.

4. Confirm selection to restore defaults

Now, connect the printer to the wireless network

On the printer, go to Settings > Wireless > Wi-fi protected setup > Push button setup

Press the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer.

For more info on connecting the printer to the wireless network, refer to this document.

Go to the EWS page of the printer and try to enable the web services.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If I am able to use the EWS then it is on the same network as my computer. I’ve done this many times. I have also restored my printer to default countless times. Is there any explanation for a printer at current firmware build to not be able to connect to the Web Services Server, but be able to still print over WiFi?

HP Recommended

@Sigmundslim

That's unfortunate. The firmware on the printer does not cause this issue. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A quick check - confirm that the date/time setting in the EWS on your printer is correct, web services functions can be affected by an incorrect date on the printer. Since this is an older printer that apparently was unused for a while, that could be an issue. 

Once you confirm the date/time is correct, if you are still unable to enable Web Services, try installing the HP Smart app on your smart phone (iOS/Android versions available). Then add your printer to the app (it will add automatically if it's the only printer on your network, if you have more than one printer tap the large + icon on the home screen and select your 3510 to add it. After the printer is added to the Smart app: 

1. Tap the printer icon on the app home screen. 
  2. The printer preferences screen will appear. Select the Print Reports option on the printer preferences screen. 
  3. f the Web Access Report appears on the list of reports, tap that to print it. 

That report will confirm whether your printer is able to access the internet - you will see either "PASS" or "FAIL" status info on the report. You can use that info to confirm that the printer is connected to your local network, gateway, can access your DNS server, etc. 

Some older printers may not include this report. 

You should also be able to access the report (assuming your printer includes that report) directly from the EWS from your computer if you want to.  I just find the HP Smart mobile app quick and easy to use. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.