Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am currently trying to troubleshoot an issue with my HP ENVY 5010 inkjet printer.

The HP ePrint service is not working - emails/attachments sent to the printer's email address are not printed. I used to be able to view the printer's email address from the printer's touchscreen, but now if I try to do so I get the following error:

Setup Unsuccessful

Web Services could not be set up at this time. The printer will try again later.

However, if I log into the printer's embedded web server, the Web Services Settings -> Summary page reports that both web services and ePrint are enabled.

EWS.PNG

I know that the printer can connect to the Internet as it is being reported as online on both the HP Smart website:

HP_Smart.PNG

...and the HP Instant Ink website:

HP_Instant_Ink.PNG

So far I have tried the following to no avail:

• rebooting the printer
  • disabling and re-enabling web services (entering the printer claim code on the HP Smart website either has no effect, or returns an "invalid claim code" error)
  • disabling and re-enabling ePrint
  • changing the printer's email address
  • changing the printer's configured DNS servers to point to the Google Public DNS servers.

The printer is running the latest firmware version (VERBASPP1N003.2009B.00, built date 2020-02-27).

I am reluctant to remove the printer from my HP account completely as a troubleshooting step (via the HP Smart website), as I am currently signed up to HP Instant Ink - to remove the printer from my account, I would firstly need to cancel my subscription, which would cause my rollover pages to be lost.

Any ideas/guidance would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @stevenmca

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I see that you have already tried all the necessary steps to resolve this issue. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.