Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500

Printer will not connect to the Wi-fi and I have tried wizard set up, push button, pin set up, WPS, inserting the IP address manually but it just won't connect, keeps failing.  I have tried to use the Scan Doctor but because there is not internet connection, I cannot get past the 1st step.  I have tried calling my internet provider and with no luck or help from them, I have used the virtual advisor for HP and followed all the steps with no luck.  

Test results show error MAC address filtering may be enabled, I have gone into the set up for my network and added the printer MAC address and still not connecting.

Unable to call HP as literally no contact number for them and running out of options to try.  I have turned the printer and wi-fi off from the power, reset the wi-fi box, left the power off for 10 mins and still no results.

Please can someone help and shed some light, is this a wi-fi fault or is my printer faulty?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Humzy

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the network settings on the Printer:

Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status menu. 2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless Settings menu. 3. Select Restore Defaults. 4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Once done, connect the Printer back to the Wi-Fi using the Wireless setup Wizard.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for this but it has not worked. I got the same error: Cannot connect to network. Press print to print report. Press OK to continue

HP Recommended

Let's reset the Printer:

Go to Tools>Restore to Defaults.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have a PC/Laptop connected to the printer and never have. We have always used this to print items from our phones only wirelessly?

HP Recommended

On your phone, you must be using the HP Smart App. Uninstall and reinstall to try to connect to the Printer. If one phone does not connect, try another phone.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.