cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BalajiSrinivasa
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Envy 5540 does not connect to any wifi network.

HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My HP Envy 5540 stopped working. I dont know if it auto updated or not but now it does not connect to any wifi network. It says password incorrect. Wifi has WPA-PSK enabled and I have triple checked the password. My computers connect but the printer says the password is incorrect.

5 REPLIES 5
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,508
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @BalajiSrinivasa,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer not connecting to the wireless network despite entering the correct password.I will be delighted to assist you here.:)

For better clarity, and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

• DId this happen after changing the router?
  • Did it happen after a power outage or surge?

For now please try these steps:

• Perform step 1 from this link: http://hp.care/2tUBw3f
  • Then from this link: http://hp.care/2jodbKH perform all the relevant steps on how to change the printer from a USB connection to a wireless connection. Look up the steps under Mac OS.
  • This might do the trick for you.

Otherwise, I will send you steps to perform a semi-full reset on the printer in a private message. Please keep checking your forum private message.

• Please check the user guide http://hp.care/2eEq44T on page# 5 and 6 for the printer's control panel display icons.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BalajiSrinivasa,

Please find the steps to perform a semi full reset on the printer.

please check your private message

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BalajiSrinivasa
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think this happened after a power outage.

I ended up switching off and disconnecting the printer and connecting it back in and I could use WPS to get the printer to connect to the router.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BalajiSrinivasa,

I am glad that the printer is working now and the issue has been resolved. You've done great here by displaying excellent commitment and immense patience to get it resolved. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

If you have any further issues regarding your HP products, please reach out and we will always be there to assist you.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
TangoWhisky
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 5540 suddenly stopped recognising my wifi router, other routers in my building come up but not mine (it is working with other devices ).

Have refreshed the router list in the set up wizard, nothing - rebooted router (same one as always), still nothing. It operates well on USB cable.

I tried the steps you suggested in the previous reply; went through preferences menu, reset printing system; changing printer  from USB  - no HP folder appears in the applications folder. When I check the Wireless summary on the printer web page it has the correct SSID and a signal strength of zero. There has not been a power surge as far as I know and I have not changed any software or hardware recently.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation