Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MFP M132nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Tell me - how to connect the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M132nw MFP to a wireless network through a router at a frequency of 5 gigahertz (dual-band router)? At 2.4 gigahertz, it connects without problems, but at a frequency of 5 gigahertz it does not want to connect - it gives an error.
In the toolbar in the wireless network configuration, my router is visible in two ranges - 2.4 and 5 gigahertz, I connect to the wireless network through the toolbar, 2.4 - normal, 5 gigahertz - connection error.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Is your printer dual-band? I am not even sure that M132nw supports 5GHz wireless.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

On the toolbar in the configuration of the wireless network of my printer (MFP), two SSIDs of my router are visible - 2.4 and 5 GHz. If my printer did not support the 5 GHz range, then this range would not be visible in the printer toolbar - my opinion.

HP Recommended

Your printer support 2,4GHz wireless only, you will not be able to connect it to 5GHz wireless.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

please tell me - where to read the official information about it

HP Recommended

You can find detailed information in the printer's specification.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05228191#AbT2 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you I carefully read and studied the specification.

Connectivity
Wireless capability
Standard (Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n)

n  means that the printer supports 2 (two) frequency ranges - 2.4 and 5 GHz. So, at 5 GHz the printer should work! But when I switch to the 5 GHz range, it gives an error, it connects to 2.4 without problems ... What could be the matter and what am I doing wrong? 

HP Recommended

The printers that support 5G wireless has that capability clearly stated.

For example M281fdw:

Wireless capability
Built-in Dual band 802.11n 2.4/5GHz

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I called HP support and they answered that not a single HP device (laptops, desktops, printers, etc), including Business solutions, do not support wireless networks at a frequency of 5 GHz - only 2.4 GHz. How the support answer is consistent with the answer from Valsimot: "

The printers that support 5G wireless has that capability clearly stated.

For example M281fdw:

Wireless capability
Built-in Dual band 802.11n 2.4/5GHz

" ?

I really highly want to hear / read the opinion of HP employees about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.