Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Trying to print a travel confirmation and when I email it to my hpeprint account a get a page that reads:

”Important: The following messages addressed to you are currently on hold

The mimecast personal portal helps you manage your Mimecast On Hold email queue in real-time. 
The following massages, addressed to you, are currently on hold:

I then am given a list of options to click to either release, block or permit the message but where this is a printed price of paper obviously cannot click the options given. 

I’ve never heard of Mimecast before, so not have an account to which I can sign in to choose for my printer to permit this document. I see I’m not the only person facing this issue and I find the lack of help absurd.

109 REPLIES 109
HP Recommended

Same issue, but with Win 10 OS.  Hoping someone has the solution to this HP Mimecast issue, for ePrint, which is designed for anyone to print to (even family members or friends from afar) is of no use if our OWN email addresses can get locked out of printing on our printers!

HP Recommended

Found this forum discussion that might help?  I was sending my message from my .com email address, and it looks like a gmail address is recommended if a Mimecast hold issue occurs?  I have tried it, but haven't yet had a result, so can't say if it's the solution or not.  Just sharing to see if something said in that discussion works for you.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mobile-Printing-Cloud-Printing/EPrint-server-issue/td-p/6637445

HP Recommended

I'm sending the documents to print from a **bleep**.com address so that's not the issue for me at least.

So frustrating!!

HP Recommended

Same issue here. I understand and appreciate the need to prevent these addresses from spam as I don't want my printer using up paper and ink all day with spam. But instead of printing out these pages with links you can't click on, why not send them to my email, so I can release the print job to my printer?

HP Recommended

As it turns out, using my g mail  address was no better than my .com address.  They are BOTH on hold from Mimecast.  Frustrating to say the least! 

I've ordered a USB cable.  I've used enough time on the wireless.

HP Recommended

Agree TOTALLY with the idea of the notices with links being sent to the email rather than to the printer!

HP Recommended

What a shame touch-paper hasn't been invented yet. I so want to click on that PERMIT link. 🖱

A solution might be if HP could get Mimecast to change the notice to include a clear-text URL and approval code that could be typed. Then we could all get past this problem. But so far we can't get anyone at HP to understand what this problem is, and that they are responsible for making all the parts in the example@hpeprint.com technology-chain work. Which is a great scheme by the way, I otherwise love it.

Kudos to someone for making brave strides on the war on spam. A little help for us collaterally damaged folks here would be appreciated.

@Kumar if you're still mystified what all the fuss is about, maybe this visual will help:

paper hyperlinks haven't been invented yetpaper hyperlinks haven't been invented yet

HP Recommended

Agree....Providing a URL on the print-out to go to the computer with, so that you could respond to that "link" that you can't click because it's on paper,  sure would be a great option!!

HP Recommended

Hello…I logged into www.HPsmart.com, clicked “My Printers,” and ePrint access is in the bottom left. I changed it to “Open to Anyone” and the email to printing capability returned. Hope this helps! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.