Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Apple IPad
iOS

Hello, I recently purchased a HP OfficeJet 5255 printer, which has been working well, but recently I wanted to print some photographs in colour, and when it shows ‘print preview’ it is in colour, but then when I hit ‘print’ it automatically changes to black and white. I print from my ipad. I do not have a computer. I was wondering if anyone would know why this is happening, and if there is anything I can do to enable it to print a colour photograph. I have printed other documents which have come out in colour. Thank you for any support you can give.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@valmwil, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues printing photographs in color. Let us try to isolate the issue first-

Which application are you trying to print from HP Smart/directly from the iOS device?

Check for any iOS updates, if available.

Also, update the printer firmware. Refer document Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have my issue sorted now, thank you, valmwil

HP Recommended

@valmwil

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.