Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e is locked out of all functions on the touchscreen and via HP Smart

is also unavailable.  Have tried factory reset instructions to no avail.  USB kinda works but need access to the

touchscreen to configure WiFi connection parameters.  Currently the printer is not on any network due to touchscreen lockout.  I understand there may be specific instructions for factory reset this model?  Please provide.  Password as locked is unknown and happened spontaneously a few days after configuring correctly with HP Smart.  Please provide specific instructionss to factory reset this HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fossicker, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to make changes to the settings on the printer. We need to perform a factory reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your method did not work on the given printer's touchscreen.  Here's what did.
I noticed that the touchscreen options were entirely locked out, including Low Energy Bluetooth which was locked

in an Enabled state. Very difficult to see this option enabled due to poor touchscreen contrast.

On a nearby laptop I verfied that HP Smart was not installed.  In Windows 10 settings I paired the printer via Bluetooth

and set it as default and printed a test page via Bluetooth successfully.  Then I installed HP  Smart, which naturally complained

about lack of network connectivity, but the option to Factory Reset was enabled over Bluetooth.  I was allowed to Factory Reset over Bluetooth via the paired printer object in the Windows 10 Bluetooth Settings.  It took about 5 minutes to confirm and perform a full factory reset, after which the printer rebooted slowly and I was able to access all printer options including transferring the correct WiFi network settings from the laptop to the printer over the Bluetooth pairing.  Hence the laptop was left with three printer objects installed: the Bluetooth printer, the USB printer, and the WiFi-connected printer.  The e-ink incentive was re-enabled.  I left all three installed because the user wanted to potentially avoid using HP Smart for scanning, instead using the old-school USB method of scanning.

HP Recommended

@Fossicker

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.