Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium

After my computer was upgraded to Windows 10, my HP 6700 all in one printer has not been able to connect to my home wireless network. I have tried to reset the printer by following the steps:

Setup>Network>Restore Network Defaults

and then

Setup>Network>Wireless Setup Wizard.

I even unplugged the power to reboot the system. However, no matter what I did, I always see "Invalid wireless password (WPA) entered" as a result. I know for sure the password was entered correctly. This printer is the only device I am not able to connect to wifi. All of our other devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, speaker, and such have no problem connecting to WiFi. I have tried to troubleshoot on this matter so many times and no luck so far. Any advice will be greatly appriciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @petity, Greetings!

Thank you for joining HP Forums. I am happy to help 🙂

Good job on trying to setup wireless via setup wizard. Since the printer is not taking the wireless password directly, I would suggest you use a USB cable temporarily. Once you connect the printer via USB cable, you can convert the USB connection to wireless.

You have not mentioned the Operating system you are using. So I cannot give you specific steps.

Follow these general steps and check:

• Uninstall the old printer software. Restart your computer and printer.
  • Go to http://hp.care/2c82l8S to download and install the printer drivers.
  • In the page which asks you to connect the printer / type of connection – Choose USB and then connect the USB cable when prompted.
  • Once the connection is established, you can convert the USB connection to wireless. You can check http://hp.care/2c83E7P to get details to convert the connection.

I hope this helps you connect the printer to the wireless network. If in case, still facing the issue please respond back with the details and the operating system you use.

Please let me know how it goes!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.