Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iPhone
iOS

Hi

I am using last versions of iOS and iPadOs.

I have installed last versions of HP Smart

when printing a document from iPhone or iPad, I am using HP Smart

I find no option to print 2 pages per side!!!

Only recto verso is available as option.

Should I want 2 pages per side, I am forced to use a computer......

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Vigostar, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to print on both sides from your iOS devices. Which version of iOS are you using?

Go to App Store and check for any updates available for the HP Smart app.

This printer supports duplex printing.

If the issue persists, use the Airprint option and check if that helps

Print documents, photos, and web pages from iPhone and iPad apps with a print feature.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and the paper you want to print on is loaded in the correct paper tray.

2. Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon ( or ).

3. Tap Print or the Print icon .

4. Select your printer, and then change print settings such as paper size, number of copies, or page range. Available settings depend on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.

5. Change the setting as required. Tap Print.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

last iOS version

last hp smart version

No option to print 2 pages on 1 side!

HP Recommended

@Vigostar

You cannot print 2 pages on 1 side. Duplex printing means printing on both sides of the page.

Did you use the AirPrint option and check if that helps?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

i do think you clearly don’t understand the issue here. 

you take a document - with text on both recto and verso

when printing, I wish to have the recto and the verso side by side on the printed page - I means on the recto of the printed document. 

this is printing setting available when you print from a computer. 
but this printing option is not available neither in HP Smart nor on the AirPrint options. 

HP Recommended

@Vigostar

I understand what you are saying. Yes, this option is not available while printing from a mobile device. It can only be done using a computer.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok

so why is it not available from mobile device in 2021?

HP Smart is presented as the most advanced app for mobile printing but at the end it stays basic. 
Buying my HP printer, I was expecting more from HP. 

Did you know that the mobile app from Epson allows to print multiple pages on 1 side?

HP Recommended

@Vigostar

I understand. It is as per the design of the app. I will pass on the feedback to the respective team in HP.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.