Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Smart Android app is unable to create a Duplex scanning Smart Task.

At least 3 years in the making...

When will it be available?

And, *NO* Duplex Scanning from "Scan to email on a PC" or directly from the "Printer's touch screen" is NOT an acceptable option. I am specifically asking when will be available a Duplex scanning option in the HP smart application app.

Your answer should be:

* Never (so every ones knows HP's commitment to its own software and hardware)

* It's actually about to be launched...

* Or a timeframe.

J.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JeanSagi, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. Currently, the app does not support duplex scanning. It was designed to support a variety of scanners/printers. This somewhat limits the options available and the 2-sided scanning is not supported.

Thank you for the feedback, I have forwarded this concern to the respective team of engineers in HP to update the HP Smart app with this feature.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

Did you notice that you didn't answer my question? BTW your response looks like a template. 

So, if you have taken the time to "forward this concern to the respective HP engineer's team" please remind them that:

• This "concern" has at least 3 years in the waiting!!
  • Maybe I would understand this situation if the application was actually designed to support a wide variety of printer "brands!". But hey, as far as I know, HP Smart only supports its own HP printers/scanners!! So, none better than HP knows which of their printers supports duplex scanning and which don't!

So please don't go by the tangent and if you are unable to properly comment on this issue at least provide the "appropriate HP engineer team's" email, to address this matter directly with them.

Kind regards,

J.

HP Recommended

@JeanSagi

I have escalated the issue. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hoping to be contacted soon because, IMO, HP Smart is extremely limited in its current state.

J.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.