Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Smart App won't finish printing documents sent from other apps on iPhone

HP Recommended
HP Smart App
iOS

I am having printing issues with the HP Smart App on my Iphone 8 running IOS 11.4.1.

I am trying to print PDF documents from other apps on my phone like Dropbox and Scanner Pro. I select Export, Print with HP Smart, and it loads the document in the HP Smart App. The green light is on so my printer is connected. I click print and the printer starts printing the first line then freezes printing. 

The HP Smart App closes automatically once I tap Print. I think this is causing it to stop sending information to the printer. This seems like a glitch. How do I solve this issue?

I have found one workaround but it isn't ideal. If I open the PDF document from within the HP Smart App, it will fully print without automatically closing the app. This isn't ideal, because I can't access all documents, images, etc. from within the app.

This feature used to work just fine. This problem only surfaced in the last week.

Solutions I have tried:

Updating the app today.

Quitting all programs and retrying.

Rebooting my iPhone. 

3 REPLIES 3
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ajeclizm

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that you're facing issues while printing PDF document from the HP Smart app. I have read your post comprehensively and appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. 

During my research, I came across this HP document that explains how the HP Smart app functions. 

The kind of photos and documents supported by the HP Smart app are photos (JPEG, PNG), PDF and Microsoft Office Suite documents, text (TXT) files, and saved webpages. You can also print photos and PDF documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, and Instagram.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart app and check how it goes. 

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know the outcome.

Good luck! 

0 Kudos
ajeclizm
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Nope. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t do anything. Same problem.
0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,504
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ajeclizm,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the update. As @MKazi is our for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Your time and efforts are appreciated greatly. I will do some extensive research and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation