Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordonbp
Level 2
14 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Smart doesn't recognise Apple Pages documents or Odt documents when attempting printing in Smart.

HP Recommended
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

HP Smart 6.0.2 on iOS 12.1.

I can print directly from Apple Pages Documents and Odt documents using the Airprint function.

Unfortunately the Airprint function doesn't show advanced print settings such as short or log edge binding.

If I choose "print from another app" and choose HP Smart, then for both those document types it says "unsupported format". It appears the ONLY format that is supported is MS Office documents.

Is there any way I can fix this, or failing that, open a complaint to HP as to why Smart ONLY supports MS Office formats?

1 REPLY 1
senan6806
Retired
Retired
4,667 4,662 307 406
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gordonbp

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

HP Smart App only supports Photos (JPEG, PNG), PDF and Microsoft Office Suite documents, text (TXT) files, and webpages saved web pages. I'm afraid Odt files are not compatible with HP Smart App.

You may refer to this document.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation