Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TANGO

So like,

My HP Tango is turning orange on me and the paper wont feed. Sometimes it just feeds one side at a time and most times it just grabs at the paper with it's little tango arms but because its T-Rex'ing it it cant grab on.

My wife says to be more descriptive.

The orange light is near the bottom and it stays on and doesn't blink. The paper feed is up top and just crumples my paper. Iv looked for jams and iv stuck my grease covered Lil' Caesers pizza hands into the cracks and crevices but there does not appear to be any jam. Only pizza. Jk. But not.

Why is my printer self destructing?

Also unrelated:

Whats up with this website? It makes you go around in circles like this is Centurylink so that way the costumer abandons all hope and buys from another company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ohgodplzhelp 

We use humor to keep ourselves sane.  Smiling.

Little T-Rex Tango printer might actually believe it is paper jammed and / or it may be in need of a good cleaning.

Things that are paper related:

and

It might be enough to complete Step 2 (Restart)

and

and - because it addresses the "dirty printer" issue (not proven, just cover thy backside):

Black Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

More backside coverage:

User Guide

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Tango series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

oh also it does a orange blinking light at the top.

Halp

HP Recommended

@ohgodplzhelp 

We use humor to keep ourselves sane.  Smiling.

Little T-Rex Tango printer might actually believe it is paper jammed and / or it may be in need of a good cleaning.

Things that are paper related:

and

It might be enough to complete Step 2 (Restart)

and

and - because it addresses the "dirty printer" issue (not proven, just cover thy backside):

Black Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

More backside coverage:

User Guide

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Tango series 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Oh man. Do I have a story to tell you. But first off, thank you for the serious reply.

Now to the story.

So I looked around at the advice you gave me. I clicked and opened up like 50 webpages. I searched the pages, I searched the Googles, I might have searched some third party bootleged websites from China. I dont know man. It happened.

Then I started to get annoyed. Next frustrated. I unplugged my printer and started pulling and prodding. I started to sweat and groan until finally - Pop! Something came undone in the printer! I saw that I could get the shell off and really get into the printer! Around this time I thought I would take it outside because I had just seen a post on Reddit about how someone's printer exploded on them and covered them in ink. So I got some tools and headed outside.

Together with my trusty steed, my wife, we pulled further. It was hard. Like, these printers are made to not come undone. How interesting. Ignoring any sense of right and wrong, I pulled my HP T- Rex Tango. The T-Rex came alive and put up a fight, until finally another Pop! But this wasn't the printer coming undone. I felt something fall out of the printer and land on my foot.

"What the?!" I exclaimed.

Yo turns out that we had a phone charger cord...INSIDE THE FREAKIN PRINTER! Like, no wonder why my HP Tango was like...dude please stop. It mustve fallen inside when my wife put things on top of the printer to save space on our desk. Bless her heart.

After vowing to never put things on top of our printer, we went back inside to see if the printer actually still worked.

We plugged it in, petted it and gave the printer some good compliments, and then patiently waited in suspense.

I pressed the "I" button. And the printer groaned and shuttered around.

It pooped out a page.

The page looked nice.

The printer works again.

And thats the story of why it took me 4 hours to fix my HP Tango on a Saturday.

HP Recommended

@ohgodplzhelp 

Excellent outcome.

Great Story. 

So, a bit more than a simple paper jam.  Smiling.

These newer printer that lack the actual LCD screen can seem overly mysterious (I admit I avoid them on principle and use Officejet Pro printers).  The truth is that the lighting system is usually spot-on.  Wonderful printers, in fact.

Kudos for persistence in the face of possible ink-bath!

The story might actually help someone with a mystery "jam" - you cannot possibly be the first one who had something similar happen.  Telling the story might reinforce the determination to really check for that odd bit that did fall in.

For those reading:  Persistence aside - if you actually break your printer taking it apart in ways not intended, HP will not honor your efforts (no warranty coverage).

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.