Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Support,  Having issue of duplex or 2-sided printing.

Please fix this issue.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ReputationMage

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print on double side from an android mobile. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Provide the printer model number or the product number which you are using?
  • Which application are you using to print?

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I am printing from a brand new HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw using an Motorola Android Phone Version 7.1.1.

I am able to print single sided only with the native Android print function using the HP Print Service Plugin. I am also able to print single sided only with the HP Smart print app.

My son visited just this morning and was able to print double sided using his iPad no problem at all.

I have read elsewhere that Android is not supported for double sided printing. If so, disable the 2 sided option until it is fixed. My first 2 sided print job was a 200 page document and it would certainly piss off anyone finding out that your brand new printer and app does not support it.

Thank you in advance for putting a priority in fixing this issue and help save some trees in the process.
HP Recommended
Printer Firmware Date code 20170710
Formatter Number 3K33LD2
Duplexer Version: 0
HP Recommended

@ReputationMage

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the issue better now,

I will research and get back to with a solution.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ReputationMage

I made a deep research and found a solution for this issue.

Remove the print from print service plug in and install it again.

1. On your Android device, tap Settings .

2. Tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing.

3. Tap HP Inc., and then tap More.

4. Tap Add printer, and then tap Manage printers.

5. Find the printer you want to edit or remove, and then press and hold the printer name until the Manage printers menu displays.

6. Tap Modify to edit the printer name or update the printer IP address, or tap Forget printer to remove the printer.

Install and turn on the HP Print Service Plugin

1. Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that your printer is connected to, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English) from the Google Play Store.

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose a method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin:

NOTE:

On Android devices with 7.0 (Nougat) and later, the HP Print Service Plugin is turned on automatically after installation. Skip to the step to Print with the HP Print Service Plugin.

• If this is the first time you installed the HP Print Service Plugin, swipe down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, and then find HP Inc. service installed.

Figure : Example of HP Inc. service installed

Example of HP Inc. service installed
    • If you updated the HP Print Service Plugin, tap Settings , tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing.

Figure : Example of HP Inc.

Example of HP Inc.
  4. Tap HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc., and then tap On.

5. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Clear the Cache on your android device

1. Press your Menu button then select Settings (or System Settings).
  2. Tap Application Manager (or Apps).
  3. Tap the app icon you want to repair.
  4. Tap Clear Cache.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I still can't get double-sided printing. The printer information on the phone says double-sided is available but it only prints single-sided from my Samsung J5 with full updates. Wireless Direct is on the printer and phone. The printer is connected to my network via ethernet cable. I am sure it did work a few years ago for a short time.

HP Recommended

Hi @E6ToSE3

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Do you get any errors while printing?

Which application are you using to print?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.