Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All messages to my HP ePrint email address sent from (at HP Smart allowed) email addresses are rejected but only if and as long as they they use Office 365. The mail flow/message trace in Exchange Admin Center gives me the following information:

Spoiler
Status
We found an issue

More information
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's email system returned an error. Please review these details:

Recipient: *************@hpeprint.com
Email server name: eprint-emailinbound.glbinc.hp.com
Technical error message: 550 5.7.1 Command rejected

To fix the problem, we recommend that you check the recipient's email admin about the error.

Contacting support won't resolve this issue because it's due to a problem that's outside the Office 365 service.

Note, we sent a non-delivery report to the sender that gives the details about why the message couldn't be delivered.

I've already followed all the steps mentioned at https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601466:
  1. Check the printer status
  2. Check ePrint email and print job requirements
  3. Troubleshoot the printer network connection
  4. Update the printer firmware
  5. Check the Web Services status

Emails from other email providers aren't rejected. I can print right from Google Mail and from Hotmail too, for example. It's seems to be just Office 365 that's a problem for you (for years, and counting).

So, what to do?

With all do respect, but all standard suggestions I've read about in the dozen of support topics from last years don't work. You've answered a lot of questions related to Office 365 and HP ePrint but I've never read an actual solution though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just wanted to share this with everyone, it may help solve the issue for others.

My issue is solved by adding a DKIM DNS record.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HP Support Team?

HP Recommended

@8Hc7xlWbvd

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you send an email from any other domain like **bleep** or Yahoo etc, it doesn't return an error, correct?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

As I said before: emails from other email providers (like Google's **bleep** - why is this censored anyway?) aren't rejected. So yes, printing from other mail providers work fine, except from Office 365 mail accounts.

HP Recommended

Did you get this fixed, I have the same issue and I am not using office 365, I can send prints from my **bleep**, but not from my work email.

HP Recommended

No, I did not (yet). Are you sure your work email doesn't rely on Office 365?

HP Recommended

no, I am not using office 365, but I have the same issue with the same error code, I have been tracing this issue for the last two weeks, and I came to the conclusion it is an antispam system on HP side that for some reason is blocking some domains.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to share this with everyone, it may help solve the issue for others.

My issue is solved by adding a DKIM DNS record.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Mamoura! That indeed did the trick in my case. Thanks a lot!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.