Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2752
Linux

I have my HP deskjet 2752 connected to the computer (Linux).  Because it comes with the ink refill program, I'm trying to hook it up to the network.  Because the computer is Linux, I can't use 123.hp.com (requires Windows or MAC).    Using the HP Smart program on my android phone, I can add my first printer.  It finds the printer, but fails every time.  I get to the point of pressing the flashing information screen, it pauses a minute (accessing the network), then fails every time.  The error I get is "Something might be wrong with your password".

The password is correct as it is the same password all the other devices in the network use and they work just fine.

Steps taken to remedy:

Verified the password is keyed correctly.  After several fails, I just copied it directly over.

Tried to use 123.hp.com, but it requires a Windows or Mac computer...I use Linux.

force stop the HP program (apps settings), clear the cache

Uninstall and re-install the HP smart program

Rebooted the printer several times

Nothing seems to work. Any useful suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

What is the model of the router you're using?  Does it have Fast Transition or WPA3?

Possible to disable Fast Transition and if that doesn't work,  change to WPA2 and try connecting again?

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with the HP Smart app.

I am trying to set up a new OfficeJet 9015e using the HP Smart app for Android. Whenever I enter my wireless password, I get the error message, "Something might be wrong with your password," even though I am certain the password is correct. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times and have also tried turning the printer off and on again several times. Nothing has worked.

I'm inclined to return the printer. If setup is this bad, I'm worried printing and scanning will be equally unreliable. (For whatever it's worth, I'm not saying that to make my problem seem more urgent or to annoy the customer support team, but simply as an honest reflection of my frustration. This is not a good first impression. I think I'd rather print at FedEx.)

HP Recommended

Hi @needfuleffable , 

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

What is the model of the router you're using?  Does it have Fast Transition or WPA3?

Possible to disable Fast Transition and if that doesn't work,  change to WPA2 and try connecting again?

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I use an TP-Link AX3000 (Archer AX50) router. It does not support WPA3 or Fast Transition.

HP Recommended

I returned the printer. I could not set it up. I have a Computer Science degree.

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem. I've been searching for hours for a solution and have changed almost every setting with my wireless network (Google Nest) to try and make it work.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi @DSymes 

Try a reset on the printer and setup using HP Smart again.  These resources will be useful:

Once the printer is connected, check for a firmware update for the latest fixes on the printer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5syZ5zJ8U 

Hope that helps!

Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. Click on the bell so you will not miss out on any new videos. This tutorial shows how to Restore the Wireless back to ...
Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. Click on the bell so you will not miss out on any new videos. This tutorial shows how check & update Firmware using ...
HP Recommended

Hi @greenturtle.

Thanks for offering those resources. I've tried them and it still doesn't work.

For some reason, the mobile app seems to think my wifi doesn't have an SSID: [content removed]

Any ideas?

Dan

HP Recommended

Hi @DSymes 

Can try this Wifi Direct through EWs method?

These examples will show how it's done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROTRW_TnI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qqaoY35yE

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.