Did you mean: 
DRiff
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP unable to connect to wireless router

HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer is unable to connect to my wireless router.  When using Wireless Setup Wizard it displays both my 5G and regular network.  Yet, both say unable to connect when attempting to connect. I've attempting to turn both my printer and router off and restart them with no luck. When running a wireless network test, the solution states:

If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing.

I called my internet provider to do so and they said it is a problem with the printer. So, can someone please help me.  

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,719 18,696 1,532 1,507
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DRiff, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation