Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is an older printer (HP Laserjet 100 color MFP M175nw) that always worked quite well, with webservices enabled for ePrint. 

We recently moved so now I installed this printer in a new network environement (router FritzBox! 7590). The printer is connected to the router via wired LAN. Inside the network everything works again great: every computer can print and scan without problems. Top.

The problem is however that webservices can not be enabled again for ePrinting. The error response is: "Connection error Check connection". There is no problem with the connection however inside the home network. The problem is strictly that the printer can not connect to the internet outside the home network. 

Checked the router: the printer has the same rights to access the internet as f.i. the mobile phones or the computers. So that should be no problem. 

One thing is different: we have ExpressVPN installed, but not active most of the time. For the printer it does not matter if ExpressVPN is completely closed or active. Makes sense, it is installed on the comps, not in the router.

I saw a lot of people here having the same problem, and some of them were helped by changing the printers IPv4 settings to maual and a DNS 8.8.8.8  and secondary DNS 8.8.4.4 - did not work for me.

Others mentioned that the servers of HP were temporarily not functioning.

Does someone have a suggestion ?  Would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, found the problem.

Webservices / ePrinting do not work by default for this printer per November 2020. Please see https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3579171-3502855-16  

A bit disappointing, but at least now I can stop searching for the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OK, found the problem.

Webservices / ePrinting do not work by default for this printer per November 2020. Please see https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3579171-3502855-16  

A bit disappointing, but at least now I can stop searching for the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.