Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP4650

I tried to print a document from my iPHONE (NOTES), The document printed but with giant letters in bold print covering the entire page. So how do I set up the printer and iPHONE specs? E.g. font, character size, margins, etc.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bob1912, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You can change the size of your font in Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Phone, Notes, and other apps that support Dynamic Type.

Change the font size

1. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness, then select Text Size.
  2. Drag the slider to select the font size you want.

Make the font even bigger

1. Go to Settings > Accessibility, then select Display & Text Size.
  2. Tap Larger Text for larger font options.
  3. Drag the slider to select the font size you want.

Making the text too large might make it hard to tap buttons or other functions within apps. Go back to your settings and adjust the font size as needed.

Personally, I recommend you install and print using the HP Smart App on your iOS devices. Click here to know more. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for response. My problem is not size on the iPHONE 11. It is when I print a document from NOTES on the 4650 the printed document characters are too large.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Bob1912

Notes in an application on your iOS device if I am not wrong, Isn't it?

Could you also share the picture of the printed document?

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, NOTES is an app that comes with iPHONEs. I can write and save notes in this app. I can set character size on my iPHONE’s screen, But when I send this note to my wireless HP 4650 it prints in very large text and covers a whole page.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Bob1912_0-1586562187521.jpeg

HP Recommended

@Bob1912

Apple doesn’t allow users to choose a default font and size in the OS X version of the app. On iOS, the Notes app inherits the overall font settings you choose; if you choose to increase the size of the system font, in Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size, then the font in Notes gets bigger, as it does in apps such as Mail, Reminders, and others. (Not all apps support this Dynamic Type setting.) But there is no such system font size option on OS X. 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.