Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP5510/5515
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi.

I have a 5510/5515 printer.

Up until 1 week ago it was working perfectly at home and remotely via the ePrint service.

My router broke so got a new one.

Now, the printer works fine on my home network but I cannot enable ePrint Web services.

If I try from the control panel on the printer, it says it will check for updates, tries to connect and fails. I have no proxy to go through.

I browse to the embedded web server on the printer and in web services it shows the printer connected to the router but the router not connected to the ePrint server.

Pretty sure I have latest firmware etc.

I have restarted router, printer, restored to factory settings etc. Still wont connect.

Is there a port that has to be opened on the router for web services to work that might have been opened on the other router but I havent opened on my new one resulting in ePrint not connecting?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ChrisK28, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

If there was a hardware failure why would the printer work perfectly on my home network but fail on connecting to ePrint services?

Is there any way to post or attach screen shots to this forum?

Also, as the part of the process where the printer fails to connect to the e-print server from the panel on the printer is when it checks for updates, I tried to check for updates using the HP support site and downloading firmware. Please can you explain the firmware numbering. On the website for this product there is a firmware to download called EDL1CN1629AR from September 16 2016 and one called 1829B from July 31st 2018.   The firmware I have in my printer (via its internal web server is EDL1CN1829BR.  Anyway, I tried downloading and updating the firmware from the website. In both cases the firmware install tool finds the printer, shows me the firmware details and says its "up to date" and wont allow me to tick the box to proceed. But the firmware I have absolutely pre-dates 2018 so surely the firmware from the website from July 2018 is later than what I have.

Help please

HP Recommended

Hi,

i afraid that HP ePrint is no longer supported for your printer model, you may find more information in the following support document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.