cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryCA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP8600 OJ Pro - blue wifi light is off but printer shows network is on and connected

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using my Officejet Pro 8600 for a number of years and have had never had a problem connecting via wireless ethernet.  It just stopped working and will not print anything from my laptop or my iphone or ipad so I know the problem is with the printer. Neither my windows computer or apple devices can find the printer name on the network.

I have powered down my modem, wireless router, printer and laptop several times. I've unplugged them and replugged them in. Nothings changed.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer.  I have run the Wireless Printer Setup Wizard a few times and it says the printer has connected successfully but it is not communicating

I even read on line how to do a partial reset and that did not work. I can print a test page and the display and printout shows an IP address and network name SSID like it is communicating and working but it the printer cannot be found or it says it is offline!  Even the wi-fi icon in the LCD display shows that it is on.

I can clearly see the Wireless Icon next to the LCD control panel is not lit which I know should be. I have tried everything possible. Do I have a hardware issue?

I would very much appreciate your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,626
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @GaryCA – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for engaging in HP Support Forums. I am glad to be of your assistance!

I understand your printer is connected to the network but is not available to print from any of the devices. Can you access the printer EWS page using the printer IP address? Try the steps below to assign a manual IP address for the printer:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Now, try to print from the other network devices. If the issue persists, then we will have to completely reset the printer. I am sending you a private message to perform the reset on your printer. Please click on the mailbox icon at the top-right corner to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
SAF48
Level 1
1 1 0 4
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was the HP8600 Wireless blue light issue ever solved? I see there have been many requests to resolve this issue but see no resolutions.  I also have this same issue.

Thanks

dms1218
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have the same issue, was this issue ever resolved?I'm ready to throw this printer across the room...right into the trash bin.

0 Kudos
Wolvy71
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Was the led light issue ever resolved?

0 Kudos
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wolvy71

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation