Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to be able to forward emails with attachments directly to my printer and they would print (very handy feature) as of the past month or so, I email to it.. and nothing, silence.  No error, no confirmation, nothing.  very frustrating.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JLHOYT,

I'd like to help!

I understand your printer does not printer eprint job.

To assist better-

1. Are you able to print from your computer?
  2. Are the webservices turned on?

Meanwhile, Try the below suggestions 

Make sure your printer can receive an ePrint job and the job meets the requirements.

1. Make sure Web Services is on.

• Printers with touchscreens: Touch the HP ePrint icon , and then touch Settings. Or, navigate to the Web Services menu under Network Setup or Wireless Settings. If prompted, follow the instructions to turn on Web Services.

• Printers without touchscreens: Print a network configuration or self-test page to obtain the printer IP address, and then enter it in a web browser address bar to open the Embedded Web Server. Click the Web Services tab to turn on the feature.

2. Make sure the email meets ePrint requirements.

• Enter only the printer email address in the To field. Multiple email addresses might cause the ePrint job to fail.

• Add text in the Subject field. A blank subject field might cause the ePrint job to fail.

• Attach no more than 10 files. The total size of the email, including attachments, cannot exceed 10 MBs.

Example of an ePrint job email

3. Make sure the file attachment is compatible with HP ePrint.

• Photos must be a GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, or TIFF file and have at least a resolution of 100 pixels.

• Documents must be a PDF, HTML, TXT, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel file. Digitally signed, encrypted, or password protected documents are not supported.

By default, ePrint jobs print single-sided, and in the same color and orientation as the original. Documents print on either letter or A4 paper, and photos print on 101.6 mm x 152.4 mm (4 in x 6 in) paper.

4. Make sure the sending email address has permission to use your printer. Sign in to your HP Smart account. Under ePrint Access, select Open to Anyone so anyone can send ePrint jobs, or select Allowed, enter an email address, and then click Add.

Also, refer to - Print with HP ePrint

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.