wingtips
Level 1
12 7 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP8710 will not connect to new DSL Router

HP Recommended
HP8710

A friend called after receiving a new DSL router from Verizon.  His grand daughter connected his ipad, iPhone and laptop to this new router, all wirelessly.  When she tried to connect the printer, it would not so he called me.

I tried using the WPS key, I entered the password, I reset the network on the printer, I unplugged the printer and left it out for 30 seconds., all to no avail. I also disabled ipv6 to force the printer to use the ipv4 address.

I connected the printer to the router with a LAN cable and an IP address was assigned so I knew there was life in the printer.

I have the Network configuration page scanned and saved but I don not see a way to attach this file to this posting.

Under the General Information on the Configuration Page the Network Status is listed as OFFLINE and the 802.11 Wireless as Disconnected.

If a LAN cable is connected to the printer, the wireless configuration page on the printer is disabled.

I'd like to be able to help this neighbor out.

Regards,

wingtips

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Shahzadg
Level 2
32 31 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

reset printer to  factory default. download the latest firmware and  upgrade. and try

Please click Kudos or tag as solution. 12 years experience in current field.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation