Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since HPConnected was usurped by HPSmart, all the printers I have set up via HPConnected no longer appear in my account.

1. What can I do to get them back?
  2. Will re-adding them one by one, force a new email address?
  3. Has anyone else had this problem?

Background:

We manage 16 houses for people living with disability. They have a printer in each home and we have assigned the printer an email address (Via HPConnected)  so that various support agencies can send a print directly to the house. The user does not have to sign in to email and print the document as the printout is there automatically. It will be a right royal PITA to have to tell everyone the new address.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I installed HP Smart today for the first time and found it already had the printer email address I had set up for my Officejet Pro 8600 printer years ago.  

I added the printer using the "Add" function, it had a list of printers available.

Note there was a new version of the HP Smart App released yesterday, make sure you have the latest version as it corrected some issues.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.