NickHiggins
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HPSmart has lost all my printers

HP Recommended
HP8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since HPConnected was usurped by HPSmart, all the printers I have set up via HPConnected no longer appear in my account.

1. What can I do to get them back?
  2. Will re-adding them one by one, force a new email address?
  3. Has anyone else had this problem?

Background:

We manage 16 houses for people living with disability. They have a printer in each home and we have assigned the printer an email address (Via HPConnected)  so that various support agencies can send a print directly to the house. The user does not have to sign in to email and print the document as the printout is there automatically. It will be a right royal PITA to have to tell everyone the new address.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,310 26,665 2,425 8,965
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed HP Smart today for the first time and found it already had the printer email address I had set up for my Officejet Pro 8600 printer years ago.  

I added the printer using the "Add" function, it had a list of printers available.

Note there was a new version of the HP Smart App released yesterday, make sure you have the latest version as it corrected some issues.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation