Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this issue in the past and resolved it but I don't remember what I did to fix the issue.  Will not let me enter a password for either of my networks.  I have reset network settings.  I have not done a master reset to printer due to Instant Ink subscription.  Why can't it be easier to update the wifi password on these printers?   It really soursthe overall experience with HP Printers, I do not want to replace with another HP if updating my wifi password isn't more streamlined.  I do not have HP software installed on my PCs, just my android smart phone.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lehighjeepguy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You cannot update the password on the printer. You can simply reconnect the printer to the network and the printer will ask for the new wireless password.

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network and enter the password.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, thank you for responding but if you read the chain you'll realize that restoring network settings does not resolve the issue.   Ive restored it and yet when I try to connect to either my network or guest network, where I would input my password it says <no encryption>  and will not let me change it.   Then of course the connection fails.    The only way I could connect was to remove the password from my wifi network.   I don't want to completely reset the printer but it seems like that is what I'll need to do.

HP Recommended

@lehighjeepguy

This printer supports WPA/WPA2 encryption methods only. Check if your router has the same encryption.

If the encryption match with that of the printer's, you may have to factory reset the printer and try again.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.