Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To make this short.  Last night I typed two, one word emails that I sent to my HPEPrint address for my 8210 printer and nothing happened .  I then sent a third email to that address but this time I attached a small WORD document to it and the document printed.  I therefore assumed that the HPEPrint functionality only worked with attached files and all I was trying to do anyway was confirmed that it worked.

This morning I found a page in my printer tray that said that the two,  one word test messages I sent were being held by Mimecast Personal portal and i needed to indicate whether the documents should be released, blocked or permitted.  From the looks of the document it appears that it might have included hyperlinks to perform certain functions however there was no mention in the document of a UR associated with the printed document.  Can anyone share the URL address and any procedures needed to log onto this site to resolved this issue? 

Bottom line is that I thought it was a bit weird to find a document in my paper tray this morning but without a URL I'm reluctant to just go hunting on the internet for the URL and would prefer to get it from the support community instead. 

Thanks.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Moondoggy51

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I understand the ePrint service is not working. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I need additional information to assist you further which cannot be shared on a public post.

I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I may not have communicated this well.  My 8210 will print an attached document sent via my HPEPrint.com email address.  What I did was sent two emails to that address without attachments (i.e. just text in the body of the email) and those did not print and got flagged by Mimecast asking if I wanted to allow them or deny them but I don't have the URL to access Mimecast to indicate what I want done with these two text messages.  In this situation I just need the URL address to be able to do what needs to be done and I'm very reluctant to simply provide my HPEPrint.com address on this forum even if I provided it in a private message.

HP Recommended

@Moondoggy51

Thank you for posting back. 

Could you please share the picture for a better understanding? Because we do not have any URL to unblock. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.