Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I used to have a hp laser printer with a email address for the hp print service but this has now been given away for spares /scrap l belive. 

I now have a different printer but when I try to use the old email it says that its still in use. Can you please help with this problem as I can't find it in my account so I can delete it from my list /account.

Thanks for any help in advance, that might be forthcoming. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nathanwaller 

What you "should have done" is to have removed the printer from your HP Connected account before you trashed the printer.

How to > Setting Up an HP Connected Account

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to FAQ:

Section:  Can I reuse a customized printer email address?

The wording, in my opinion, is a bit convoluted - the gist of the explanation seems to say, "Well, under a few circumstances, when everything is just-so, then you can re-use a previously assigned email address for your printer."

If you can stand to do it, the easier option is to give in, add your new printer to your Hp Connected account and change the email address.  For various reasons, none of which are worth recounting, I have had to do this three times.  If you change just one character, for example, add a "2" at the end of the name, it is enough to move on with your life.

For example:

OLD previously assigned (and now stuck) address: DragonfurEmail@hpeprint.com

NEW updated address:  DragonfurEmail2@hpeprint.com

Can't stand it?

Contact Cloud Services (if available in your region), else contact HP Technical Support and indicate you need help with Cloud services / HP Connected.

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support

Specify help for HP Connected / Web Services

Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

Open website:  HP World-Wide Support

Select your country / region from the list and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Connected / Cloud Service Support in your region

In USA or Canada

Cloud Services (during normal business hours):  1-855-785-2777

• Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document

In UK

Specify help for HP Connected / Web Services:  0207 660 0596

============================================================

References

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nathanwaller 

What you "should have done" is to have removed the printer from your HP Connected account before you trashed the printer.

How to > Setting Up an HP Connected Account

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to FAQ:

Section:  Can I reuse a customized printer email address?

The wording, in my opinion, is a bit convoluted - the gist of the explanation seems to say, "Well, under a few circumstances, when everything is just-so, then you can re-use a previously assigned email address for your printer."

If you can stand to do it, the easier option is to give in, add your new printer to your Hp Connected account and change the email address.  For various reasons, none of which are worth recounting, I have had to do this three times.  If you change just one character, for example, add a "2" at the end of the name, it is enough to move on with your life.

For example:

OLD previously assigned (and now stuck) address: DragonfurEmail@hpeprint.com

NEW updated address:  DragonfurEmail2@hpeprint.com

Can't stand it?

Contact Cloud Services (if available in your region), else contact HP Technical Support and indicate you need help with Cloud services / HP Connected.

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support

Specify help for HP Connected / Web Services

Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

Open website:  HP World-Wide Support

Select your country / region from the list and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Connected / Cloud Service Support in your region

In USA or Canada

Cloud Services (during normal business hours):  1-855-785-2777

• Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document

In UK

Specify help for HP Connected / Web Services:  0207 660 0596

============================================================

References

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon-Fur for your help and time, it's very much appreciated.

I belive I did remove the printer from my Hp print list as it isn't showing up on my account, but it looks like I'll have to call the UK support team after the holiday period on the number, you kindly provided me with. 

Thanks again for the help and time. Hope you have a great one. 

Onwards and upwards fellow being! 😊 👍 

HP Recommended

@nathanwaller 

You are welcome.

Happy New Year 2020!

Happy New Decade, too.

We persevere.

Happy New Year 2020Happy New Year 2020

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.