Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5030 printer
macOS 10.12 Sierra

How do you control double-sided printing on an HP Envy printer?  Sometimes this is offered at Print Command, sometimes not.  Sometimes it prints double-sided, sometimes not.  I find the whole settings issue quite difficult to understand anyway.  Is there an easy guide?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @VictoriaPrue,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below instructions:-

Set up the print job

Set up the duplex print job in the document print settings.

1. To avoid page ordering issues, load enough blank paper into the input tray to fully complete your print job.

2. Open the document you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

3. Look for a Two-Sided option in the print dialog.

Two-Sided option in the print settings

• If Two-Sided displays, your printer supports automatic duplexing. Select the checkbox, click Layout in the unnamed print options menu, select a binding option from the Two-Sided menu, and then click Print.

Two-Sided option with long-edge binding selected

• If Two-Sided is not available, continue with these steps to manually print on both sides of the page.

4. Identify your printer paper tray type, and then continue to the next step.

Rear loading paper input tray

Front loading paper input tray

Printer with a paper input tray on the back

Printer with a paper input tray on the front

5. Select Paper Handling from the unnamed menu at the center of the window, and then select Odd Only from the Pages to Print menu.

Select Odd Only pages to print

6. Depending on your printer type, select one of the following settings from the Page Order menu:

• Rear loading paper tray: Select Automatic

• Front loading paper tray: Select Reverse

7. Click Print.

8. When all the pages are printed, remove any remaining unprinted paper from the input tray, and then continue to the next step.

Refer to How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Duplex) (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @VictoriaPrue,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below instructions:-

Set up the print job

Set up the duplex print job in the document print settings.

1. To avoid page ordering issues, load enough blank paper into the input tray to fully complete your print job.

2. Open the document you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

3. Look for a Two-Sided option in the print dialog.

Two-Sided option in the print settings

• If Two-Sided displays, your printer supports automatic duplexing. Select the checkbox, click Layout in the unnamed print options menu, select a binding option from the Two-Sided menu, and then click Print.

Two-Sided option with long-edge binding selected

• If Two-Sided is not available, continue with these steps to manually print on both sides of the page.

4. Identify your printer paper tray type, and then continue to the next step.

Rear loading paper input tray

Front loading paper input tray

Printer with a paper input tray on the back

Printer with a paper input tray on the front

5. Select Paper Handling from the unnamed menu at the center of the window, and then select Odd Only from the Pages to Print menu.

Select Odd Only pages to print

6. Depending on your printer type, select one of the following settings from the Page Order menu:

• Rear loading paper tray: Select Automatic

• Front loading paper tray: Select Reverse

7. Click Print.

8. When all the pages are printed, remove any remaining unprinted paper from the input tray, and then continue to the next step.

Refer to How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Duplex) (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks, Jay_G24, that was helpful.  Much appreciated.  Best wishes

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

I am glad the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.