Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 4530
Android 9.0 Pie

I have HP Deskjet 4530. It supports double-sided or two-side print on long or short egde. But while printing from android (OnePlus 7T Pro, I am using HP Print Service Plugin and HP Smart app on my android) it never saves my previous selection of two-sided print preference. For every new print I have to again select two-sided preference.

In short, I want to permanently set my print preference in android phone, as two-sided - Long Edge, so that I dont have to select it every time for every new print.

Its possible in Windows: https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/2509392443001/setting-the-two-sided-printing-preferenc...

I am wondering if anyone knows how to do it in android. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @pegsnpops

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

The settings cannot be set default on your phone.

Follow the instruction s to change print job settings.

Change print job settings on your Android smartphone 

1. On the HP Smart app home screen, tap a Print or Scan tile.

2. Select or scan the document or photo you want to print.

3. Select the Print option , and then tap Print.

Selecting the Print option and then tapping Print

4. Change print settings such as number of copies, page size, or orientation 

5. Tap More Options to change settings such as quality, border (photos only), and scale, and then tap the Back button  on your mobile device to save the settings and return to the Preview screen.

6. When you are ready to print, tap the Print icon .

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Sorry it seems, you havent understood the question.

The issue that I have mentioned is how to enable auto/default double sided printing in andriod phone.

pegsnpops_0-1589298287611.png

This is how i print a PDF, I use hp print plugin via adobe acrobat. When i select print option in adobe acrobat, its take me to above screen.

Screen 1: Document Preview

Screen 2: More Options View

Screen 3: I select "Long Edge" for two sided print.

Now this "Long Edge" selection, doesnt get saved anywhere and when I print next document, I again have to select "Long-edge". 

What i want is that my printing preference of "long-edge" for double sided print should save by default and get applied automatically for all the future prints.

I hope i am able to make myself clear now.

HP Recommended

The long edge setting cannot default, it will have to be selected for every print.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.