Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2545

I have a HP Deskjet 2545 printer that worked fine for a few years set up as its own wifi hotspot (if I remember correctly because I never could get it to connect through WPS to regular wifi). Recently, this wifi hotspot has ceased to work a few times, I have managed to get it to work after struggling a lot each time but now finally it doesn't work. The printer does work for printouts when connected to a PC through USB, but the household where it is used has no PC, only iPads and iPhones, so wifi connection is a must.

I have taken these steps to recover wifi functionality:

- Button resets as guided by HP Smart app guide on iPad, but no wifi restored

- WPS connection attempt to two different routers (TP-Link Archer 7 and Deco respectively), but printer doesn't connect to these wifi networks

- HP Smart app on PC (Windows 10). Does somehow recognize that the printer is connected, but status is listed as unknown, and no settings are available

- Trying to download HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers from HP website, but I get a "forbidden access link".

Can someone please advice how I shall proceed? The easiest would be if there is some "magic" printer reset sequence by pressing buttons on its panel, then I can instruct the users of the printer to redo these steps whenever wifi ceases to work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Printer showed up as having unknown software version before installation, as well printer settings could not be reached through USB, but after successful wifi config this works

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Problem has been solved. Got help to install an HP software tool where Wifi password to router could be manually set, and then it connected.

HP Recommended

Printer showed up as having unknown software version before installation, as well printer settings could not be reached through USB, but after successful wifi config this works

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.