Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6252

Last week I purchased a HP Envy 6252 and went thru the hp123 loading of software etc. at that time my printer recognized my Mac Book and was able to go thru the test print stage , my little iPad mini and iPad work just fine getting the new printer to print. My question is what do I do now to get the printer and Mac book to talk and communicate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@louise48,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. Commendable diagnosis and great description of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you try to remove the printer and add it as Apple AirPrint or secure  AirPrint?
  • Did you update the printer’s firmware?
  • What is the MAC OS version associated with the printer?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

• Perform step 3 and step 4 without adding the printer as an HP printer.
  • Now check if it gets fixed.
  • Ensure that all the latest updates are correctly installed on the MacBook and the Mac OS is completely up to date.
  • This should do the trick for you.  If it continues, try these steps:

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@louise48,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. Commendable diagnosis and great description of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you try to remove the printer and add it as Apple AirPrint or secure  AirPrint?
  • Did you update the printer’s firmware?
  • What is the MAC OS version associated with the printer?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

• Perform step 3 and step 4 without adding the printer as an HP printer.
  • Now check if it gets fixed.
  • Ensure that all the latest updates are correctly installed on the MacBook and the Mac OS is completely up to date.
  • This should do the trick for you.  If it continues, try these steps:

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Before I try all of these steps, please assure me it will not screw up my two iPads being able to print.? I don’t want them compromised. I will try the steps tomorrow morning and I will let you know.  My MacBook is the problem . It’s operating system is Sierra os

HP Recommended

I was able to get my Mac printing.  I did not try any of the steps I just updated the High Sierra 10.13.6 and for some reason it printed.  I am keeping your instructions just incase it stops printing.  Thank-you so much!!

HP Recommended

@louise48,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.  Y

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.