Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2623
iOS

Hello, i have notices that the color / grayscale option for printing on hp printer from hp smart application was removed and printer automatically print any document in color only . Plz advise 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mazenalbaba

Thanks for waiting!

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Mazenalbaba, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you do not see color options on HP Smart App while printing from your iOS device. 

Let us try updating the printer firmware. Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Also, try using the AirPrint option to see if that helps. Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

the printer is up to date .

even in AirPrint, the option for color printing is not available 

thanks

HP Recommended

@Mazenalbaba, thank you for the response.

Kindly check and let me know the firmware version on the printer. Print a Printer Status Report.

Press and hold the Cancel button  for 3 seconds.

A Printer Status Report prints.

Also, check for any software updates available for your iOS device

You may refer to this document to know how to update the iOS device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar

The printer firmware version is TJP1FN1923AR , when i press check for update it shows its up to date

HP smart app is ver 7.0.1 which is the last update on app store as well as the IOS is 12.4.4 the latest available for iphone 6

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Mazenalbaba

Thanks for replying!

We will have to check on this issue. I will write to you with a solution.

Thanks for understanding.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Mazenalbaba

Thanks for waiting!

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.