Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2720
iOS

Hi !

when I want to print a photo from my iPhone, I open the photo with the Hp smart app. 

i cannot choose « paper photo » or other types 

i only see ordinary A4

2D657C9A-5787-4E34-A4A0-FBCD152DAFA0.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Foxinou 

This likely works similarly on the iPhone as it does on the iPad Pro.

Change the paper using the Embedded Web Server (EWS) before you open the file to be printed.

Change / Modify the paper type / size THEN set up the rest of the print job.

EWS – Browser – Tray and Paper Management

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)

Click Apply to save changes

EWS - HP Smart for Mobile - iOS

Open HP Smart (for mobile)

Open Settings

Open Add / Set Up a Printer 

Scroll down, Click, Tray and Paper

As Available:  Check / Adjust settings in Advanced

Click Apply to save changes

Once the paper type / size is set, open the image / photo file and print your photo.

Example - HP Smart - Mobile - Main Menu (iOS / iPad Pro)

Note:  Menu on the phone is certainly different from the example - the functionality is likely similar.

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_9HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_9

Example - HP Smart - Mobile - Print Settings

HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_Resize_All_1HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_Resize_All_1

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks !

It should work, but why HP do not make it possible to simply choose our paper quality/size ?

This is bad...

And you have to put it back to "normal" after your print on photo paper.

Another question : when choosing on the web interface, you have only 4 types of paper. Via the computer, I have maybe 10 types of paper to choose...

HP Recommended

@Foxinou 

You are welcome.

"Bad"

Opinion

• The PC / Mac versions of the application are far more robust, "smarter", and provide many more features.
  • iOS for iPad HP Smart is a bit less feature-rich - the application seems fairly usable for general printing.
  • Phone versions are apparently "less so".

Why?  No idea really - This is not my code

In general, applications that must work for many different platforms are not written with the extra many lines of code to support a more individualized setup.  Applications are supposed to be small, compact programs - adding more features requires lots more lines of code which makes the application larger - requiring more resource to run - and more complicated.

Running the HP Smart application on a Windows / MacOS computer means that in addition to the application, the full driver software is usually (should be) installed on the computer along with the app.  This means the application can use the printer software as a foundation from which the app can "pull" and use information from the printer software.

Paper choices

Again - I cannot comment.  I have an iPad Pro and not an iPhone.  Different animal, I guess. 

We also have vastly different printers.

I don't see the restriction in paper types that you describe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.