Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
iOS

The connection to AirPrint is not working. The printer says that it is connected to our WiFI but when I send a job nothing happens, it does not come up into the printer que, and in a few minutes I get a pop up that says the printer is busy. Can someone

walk me through how to make the devices communicate? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kcarden, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you are unable to print from the computer to the printer, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-

Is the printer connected wirelessly to the computer?

Did you check the print queue if there are any pending jobs?

Is there any antivirus/security software installed on the computer?

Could you check if other devices connected to the printer has any pending jobs?

Meanwhile, restart the devices and try printing.

Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.