cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BPdi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I can not connect my HP 6600 all in one to a new wifi network using a linksys 7300 router.

HP Recommended
Lenovo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I put in a new router (linksys EA7300 and can't connecdt my HP 6600 all in one to my network.  Printer screen indicates it's connected.  Computer shows printer designated as default...but I get an error message saying not connected.  Have run numerous (HP, Windows and Linksys) "troubleshooters" to no avail.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BPdi,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see you are having issues configuring your printer after replacing the new router. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you try to reset the printer to network defaults? and then run the wireless setup wizard on the printer?

Did you check the wireless frequency - If the router is on b/g/n mode, then change it to b/g

Also have you tried to change the wireless channels to 11 to 6.

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Reset network settings

To reset the administrator password and network settings

1. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.

A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

NOTE: Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Now run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect the printer to the network. 

Set up the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard

The Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage a wireless connection to

your printer from the printer control panel.

1. Set up the printer hardware. See the getting started guide or the setup poster that came

with your printer.

2. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch OK.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup

For more details, please go through the User guide of this printer. 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to do a root level uninstall and reinstall of the printer drivers.

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software.
  • In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation