Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It was printing yesterday.  Now when I send something, it does nothing except go into sleep mode.  It also won't print a test page, but troubleshooting can find it through wireless and it prints the hp network configurations page.  HP support has been no help because it puts me into support loops requiring me to download troubleshooting software that then require my log in and password but it won't accept them and won't let me reregister as it keeps sending me into a captcha loop as if I can't find all the stupid bicycles or can't hear what they are saying.  I could not find the phone number on the site but googled it after an hour only to find out I missed them by 12 minutes as they were closed for the night.  **bleep**?  It should not be a fulltime job to get support.   I just want to get my printer to print what I send to it.  It's like it has stopped talking to my laptop but I have disconnected and reconnected all the power cables after waiting 2 minutes for them to discharge.  I have run Print Doctor which said it found no errors and sent me to online Support.  I can see the documents in the queue and even tried clearing the queue and resending.  I have tried sending a print test.  I have checked my cable internet wifi and it can see the printer and see the laptop.  I have sent a ping to find the items.  They are both there.  They just aren't sending the info to each other.  I also tried updating the drivers and reinstalling updated software.  I tried disconnecting my internet and reconnecting it so it would look for my devices again.  I looked to see if it was offline.  It was not.  I went to services.msc and reran all the diagnostics at my disposal.  I have restarted my laptop and my printer.  I've done everything I can think of except handwrite the document on paper.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Be sure to follow this link although already following the utility, as there are 2 different versions and you may use the other version.

If that doesn't help, please print a Wireless Test Report and attach a picture of the printed report via a Private Message.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.