Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5030

Hi, I have purchased a HO Envy 5030. wireless printer.  i can connect via USB but when I try to connect my HP Compact it cant connect wirelessly.  The laptop can see the printer on the network when I connect i get a message driver not installed but the printer connects and rints fine via USB.  its driving me mad!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@stacear

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help connecting your device to the wireless network,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you installed the latest drivers for your printer on your device using the wired connection & the HP website?

(Click here to find and install the latest drivers, if you haven't)

Did you check if your printer supports wireless connectivity?

(Click here to verify, if you haven't done it yet)

Which operating system are you using with the computer? (Is it Mac or Windows)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

To set up an HP printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, connect the printer to the network, and then install the print driver and software from the HP website. When prompted during the installation, select Wireless as the connection type.

Since you haven't, mentioned which OS you have, choose the article that suits your device:

CLICK HERE FOR ENVY 5000 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Mac)

FOR ENVY 5000 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows) - CLICK HERE

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This hasn't helped.  I have  windows10 laptop and  Windows 8 Microsoft surface. Neither will connect wirelessly.  I have downloaded the drivers available but still have the massage drivers not installed.  The printer is brand new wireless printer.  The only thing connecting wireless is my kindle!!

HP Recommended

@stacear

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

Follow this link and install the full feature driver software with the windows 10 notebook. 🙂

Once it is done, Follow the wireless connectivity procedure and it should work. Keep me posted. 

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Have you tried connecting using the HPsmart app from your mobile? This will help isolate the problem.
Do remember to remove your USB and ensure that your printer's WiFi mode is on.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

If all else fails try the age old advice to unplug your router, turn off your printer, turn off your PC and then start up again with your router, printer and PC in that order. I spent a whole afternoon trying to get my printer recognised by my PC, and in sheer desperation I tried this trick. It worked for me!

HP Recommended

DavidDR - We had the same problem with Envy 5052 and Windows 8.1 . Your trick solved the problem! Thanks so much for posting.

HP Recommended

We had the same problem with Windows 8.1 and your trick solved the problem! Thanks so much for posting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.