Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPOffice JetPro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This morning all of the sudden I cannot print off of my android....I can print off of my home based computer ...all wifi....I is asking for a password and Ive tried them all......

Anybody out there.....have any suggestions....

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Liza23 I'm out here, and ready to help, here's everything we can do, to resolve this issue:

I suggest we Install the HP Smart app on a mobile device running Android OS 7.0 (Nougat) or later, Apple iOS 11 or later, or iPadOS.

1. Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.

2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to your wireless network, and then open the HP Smart app.

3. iOS 13 and iPadOS: Allow Bluetooth and location permissions, if prompted.

For more information about how the HP Smart app uses Bluetooth and location, go to Why does the HP Smart app need Bluetooth and location permission in Frequently asked questions (FAQs).

4. Add your printer to the app.

NOTE: 

Restrictions in Android 7.0 (Nougat) and later might prevent Wi-Fi printer setup using the HP Smart app for Android. If the wireless printer setup is not successful, go to 123.hp.com from a Windows or Mac computer or an iOS or iPadOS device to set up the wireless connection using the guided HP installation. You can also connect the printer with the wireless setup wizard on the control panel or use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). Once connected to Wi-Fi, HP Smart can discover the printer to enable printing. Go to Printer Setup Fails with HP Smart App (Android) for detailed steps.

• If your printer displays, continue to the next step.

• If your printer displays with Set Up, tap the printer, follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your printer, and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer does not display, tap the Plus sign to select a printer from the list of found printers or set up a new one, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

If you experience issues during printer setup, see What if my printer is not found during setup? in the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) section of this document.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.