Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After months of trying to get my printer do to something that HP advertises it does, I'm done. 

The printer will not wake up to print a job, wirelessly, nor will it remember the wifi password after it falls asleep.

You can't stop it from falling asleep. HP calls it a feature, I call it a bug. 

They tell me to change to a Static IP. My provider doesn't allow that. 

So, I could get a new provider (only two in my area and this one is a good one) or I could replace the printer with a new one from a different company, probably Epson. 

I've used HP printers my whole life and have never run into a problem but this is ridiculous. They recognize that there is a problem however, will do nothing to fix it. 

I don't need this frustration and laziness on their part. 

I am putting this here because, since it is no longer under warranty, they won't talk to me and want to make this problem public. Yes, I'm aware that HP probably won't respond. Will be cancelling my Instant Ink order since the **bleep** printer can't communicate with HP because it loses wifi. 

Thanks for nothing. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@wida I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.