wida
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I'm out, buying an Epson

HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After months of trying to get my printer do to something that HP advertises it does, I'm done. 

The printer will not wake up to print a job, wirelessly, nor will it remember the wifi password after it falls asleep.

You can't stop it from falling asleep. HP calls it a feature, I call it a bug. 

They tell me to change to a Static IP. My provider doesn't allow that. 

So, I could get a new provider (only two in my area and this one is a good one) or I could replace the printer with a new one from a different company, probably Epson. 

I've used HP printers my whole life and have never run into a problem but this is ridiculous. They recognize that there is a problem however, will do nothing to fix it. 

I don't need this frustration and laziness on their part. 

I am putting this here because, since it is no longer under warranty, they won't talk to me and want to make this problem public. Yes, I'm aware that HP probably won't respond. Will be cancelling my Instant Ink order since the **bleep** printer can't communicate with HP because it loses wifi. 

Thanks for nothing. 

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wida I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation