Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255
Chrome OS
Hi, I'm receiving a message when I right click a document for printing from my Chromebook: It says "this printer won't be supported after December. Learn more. " When I go to the learn more page, it is not clear to me what the problem is or why there is an anticipated change or what to do about it. My Chromebook is 1 year old and I believe my printer is 2 years old; both are new.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DawnM8 

I suspect the following is relevant to  your situation:

It is not the age of the printer .

It is not the age of the Chromebook.

Google is pulling (stopping / ending) support for Cloud Print.

Gone. Zap.

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first - Find your printer in the list of printers and supported applications

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

===================================================================

The only other print option I find in the compatibility document for this printer is Mopria.

Honestly, I have no idea whether this is something you can use in Chrome OS.

Mopria Print Service

This mobile printing industry standard is supported by many HP printers. When you activate the Mopria Print Service on your mobile device, you can print over a wireless network or through a direct wireless connection to the printer.

Mopria Print Service is compatible with Android 5.0 and later, Amazon Fire 5.0 and later, and HP Slate tablet with Android 4.1 and later.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.