Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ExHP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdwample: Pavilion 65XX
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When scanning a document it is saved to my iMac desktop. I wish to be able that incoming faxes would not be printed but be saved to my iMac desktop I would appreciate you instruct me how to do it/ Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Riklar

Unfortunately it might not be possible since it will require both hardware and software changes to be done on the printer 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Riklar, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This can be achieved using the HP utility. On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

Open Finder, click Go > Applications, double-click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, and then double-click HP Utility. Under Fax Settings, click Digital Fax Archive.

Follow the on-screen instructions for the selected setup type. To see if your printer supports additional Digital Fax options, look in the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.

Digital Fax Archive tool  in HP Utility

Test the setup

To test if the HP Digital Fax setup was successful, send a fax to 1-888-HPFaxme (1-888-473-2963 U.S.). The service sends a return fax within 5 to 7 minutes to your fax number contained in the fax header. After the fax is received, navigate to the folder you selected during the setup to view the fax, or check your email account if you set up fax to email.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar for your detailed answer and for the explanations included.

Unfortunately, I can't fond the icon you have indicated.

I attach a screen shot of my HP utility

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 23.42.15.pngI'll appreciate if you are able to update your explanations to what should I do too bring this icon to my HP utility.

I would like to remind you I am on a Macintosh the last MacOS version, if this helps to clear the issue.

Once again thanks for the time you give to my difficulties.

Rik

HP Recommended

@Riklar

If the option is missing on the HP Utility, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw does not support the digital fax feature.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No way for the famous programers of HP to add this  possibility to my printer version?

HP Recommended

@Riklar

Unfortunately it might not be possible since it will require both hardware and software changes to be done on the printer 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.