Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 3760
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there 

I’ve had this printer for just under a year and it’s never worked fully due to the connection. I’ve recently sorted that issue however, the ink cartridges do not work. The black ink was completely fine but I cleaned it in effort to get the color cartridge to work (I cleaned the color cartridge as well) now both do not work and I’ve tried cleaning using the instructions via HP support and YouTube but nothing is working. Please help !

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Soos_c

Welcome to the HP support community.

Manually clean the area around the ink nozzles

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth or a clean, dry cotton swab

• Distilled or bottled water

CAUTION: 

Do not use tap water because it might contain contaminants that can damage the printhead.

2. Open the ink cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer.

Figure : Opening the ink cartridge access door

Opening the ink cartridge access door
  3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

4. Lightly press down on one of the ink cartridges to release it, and then pull the ink cartridge toward you out of its slot.

Figure : Removing the ink cartridge

Pressing down to remove the ink cartridge
       CAUTION: 

Do not remove both ink cartridges at the same time. Remove and then clean each ink cartridge one at a time. Do not leave an ink cartridge outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.

5. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.

Figure : Holding the ink cartridge by its sides

Holding the ink cartridge by its sides.
  6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth or swab with bottled or distilled water.

7. Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the cloth or swab.

CAUTION: 

Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.

Figure : Cleaning the area around the ink nozzle

Cleaning the area around the ink nozzle

Nozzle plate - Do not clean
    2. Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean

3. Ink cartridge contacts - Do not clean

8. Wait 10 minutes for the cleaned area to dry before you continue.

9. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the contacts toward the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently push the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.

Figure : Snapping the ink cartridge into place

Snapping the ink  cartridge into place
  10. Repeat these steps to clean around the nozzles on the other ink cartridge.

11. Close the ink cartridge access door.

You can refer this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.