Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Instant Ink

Hi, the last black ink cartridge I’ve received from instant ink does not work properly - it misses out some edges of text and is patchy. I have run all the printer head cleaning routines several times  but they have not fixed the problem. So now I am having to use the colour cartridge to print black as a temporary solution.

Plase can the HP support team send me out a new black instant ink cartridge? My account is linked to this username I believe.

thanks,

Harriet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@harrietp

(Switching to public post as no personal information is being shared anymore)

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Jeet_singh, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

I recommend you perform the steps to fix the cartridge error: Click here for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, please wait for 1-2 business days as I've placed an order for replacement cartridges to be shipped to you on high priority as I don't want you to wait any longer than you've already had to,

Also, you should be able to track the order within 24hrs or less.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@harrietp,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  I see from your post that you are having issues with the HP Instant Ink cartridges. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

Normally, the Instant Ink program would auto-detect the low ink and ship a replacement cartridge, only when the printer isn't constantly connected to the internet or there are connection issues, is when that doesn't happen.

Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  

It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  

Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@harrietp

(Switching to public post as no personal information is being shared anymore)

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Jeet_singh, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

I recommend you perform the steps to fix the cartridge error: Click here for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, please wait for 1-2 business days as I've placed an order for replacement cartridges to be shipped to you on high priority as I don't want you to wait any longer than you've already had to,

Also, you should be able to track the order within 24hrs or less.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.