Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Officejet 3830AiO running on Windows 10 x64. It's only about 2 years old, and has been reliable (for the most part). Web Services are enabled and ePrint used to work, but I can't really say how long it's been since using it to print anything.

I create and send an email to the address, and it appears to send, but then I get a message from Mail Delivery Subsystem (which I assume is my ISP) with a "Returned mail: see transcript for details" subject line. The body of the message says;

"The original message was received at Tue, 13 Oct 2020 21:04:16 +0000 from 64.203.205.145.dyn-cm-pool-66.hargray.net [64.203.205.145]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <xxxxxxx@hpeprint.com>
(reason: 550 5.7.1 Command rejected)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to emailinbound-ext-prod.inc.hp.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 Command rejected
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable"

The details.txt file says

"Reporting-MTA: dns; mail64c28.carrierzone.com
Received-From-MTA: DNS; 64.203.205.145.dyn-cm-pool-66.hargray.net
Arrival-Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 21:04:16 +0000

Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxxxxxx@hpeprint.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; emailinbound-ext-prod.inc.hp.com
Diagnostic-Code: @hpeprint.com; 550 5.7.1 Command rejected
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 21:04:18 +0000"

Is this something with the ePrint service, or can I blame my ISP?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@SCTom, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue - HP ePrint Job Does Not Print

If the issue persists, this could be an issue with the HP ePrint server. Wait for a couple of hours and try again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can print to the printer from devices on my network, no problem.

I go to Settings . . . Web Services and the setting is On. If I tap "Display email address", the display shows "Connecting".  After waiting 15 minutes for it to do something, I cancel out of that.

If I tap "Print info page", it shows "Downloading from the Internet . . . Review the page for important information". Nothing happens for ~5 minutes, and it drops out to the Settings screen.

If I go to Network Setup . . . Print Reports and tap "Wireless Test Report", I get a printout with "No problems found. Congratulations . . ." and every item shows Pass, and an Excellent signal.

If I try to send an email with a small attachment, or no attachment, I get the same error email in return.

I change my ePrint email address and it still won't print; same error email.

I checked for Updates and/or Printer Firmware, and "The most current updates have already been installed."

I am totally at a loss here. I checked the list of non-supported printers and the OfficeJet 3830 is not on the list.

Thanks for trying 🙂

HP Recommended

@SCTom

This could be an issue with the HP ePrint server too. If the server is down, you may not be able to print. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No help there; my printer's no longer under warranty, although to my way of thinking, it's not a printer problem, it's HP's problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I understand.

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Support

HP Recommended

Sorry, it's not important enough for me to pay for support.

Thanks for your help. The only thing I haven't tried is to totally uninstall all printer drivers and software, and start over.

If do try that, I'll let you know what happens.

HP Recommended

Alright, keep us posted!

HP Recommended

Just to update- I completely uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, and still no joy.

Not that big of a deal- I can live without it.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.