Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My MFP M281fdw printer is connected wirelessly to the internet. I have run the wireless network test report and everything is a pass. However E-Print will not switch on and I get the following message:
the service may be busy. retry later. if the problem continues, check for firmware update

I have downloaded the latest firmware from HP and sent this to the printer successfully and still the same message. Any services I try to use ie Apps or HP web service all provide the message.

Any help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Connor94

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.

How is the printer connected?

Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.

Turn On Web Services

• Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
  • NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
  • If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
  • If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
  • Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
  • On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
  • If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
  • If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
  • Example of Web Services Summary screen
  • If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
  • Example of the HP ePrint set up screen
  • If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.

Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is connected on a wireless network and has an active internet connection. All devices throughout the house can print via the network. 

The printer is not connected to any device using a USB cable.

When I press HP ePrint icon on the printer it says:

Access Denied

The service may be busy. Retry later. If the problem continues check for firmware updates

HP Recommended

@Connor94

Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates

Here are the steps:- Click here

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.