Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2620
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

I am interested in connecting my Google Home with my HP printer, does anyone have knowledge of this? I can't find the possibility in the Google Home app?

If it's not possible yet, does anyone have information on what plans HP have to make HP smart compatible with Google Home in Scandinavia? More specifically in Denmark.

I hope my question makes sense

Regards
Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SkjoldTom,

As of now, only English Google account is compatible and its made available only for a few countries as per this document.

Please check the Google Home compatibility list below. You can refer to the FAQs from the above document.

The Danish language could be made available in the future.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SkjoldTom,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Please make sure that the printer is web-connected. Refer to this document for setting up an HP connected account.

Try these Steps:

Step 1: Connect the HP Printer app to your Google account

• On your mobile device, open or install the Google Assistant app, depending on your mobile device.

• Android devices: Long press Home to open Google Assistant.

• Apple iOS devices: Go to Google Assistant (in English) from the App Store, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install and open the app.

• On the Google Assistant screen, tap the Explore icon.

The Explore screen displays.

• In the search field, type HP Printer, and then tap the HP Printer.

• The HP Printer screen displays.
  • Tap LINK, and then tap ALLOW to complete the setup. If prompted, sign in with the same Google username and password you used to set up Google Home.

• If your printer is registered with Google Cloud Print, you are prompted to select your printer.

• If your printer is not registered with Google Cloud Print, you are prompted to type the printer's ePrint email address.

• The HP Printer app is now linked to your Google account and the HP Printer screen displays on your mobile device.
  • To start using this feature, tap TRY IT.

• Google Assistant opens the HP Printer app screen.

Step 2: Print with Google Home

• To print with the HP Printer app on Google Home, make sure the printer is turned on and in a ready or standby state to accept print requests.
  • Say "Hey Google, ask HP Printer to print a Help page."
    • A one-page summary prints, which includes what content is available on your Google Home and other helpful information.
    • The content you can print includes your Google Calendar, puzzles and games, notebook paper, and checklists.

NOTE: The HP Printer app does not support printing documents and photos from your mobile device, computer, online accounts, or Google Assistant. To learn about additional printing options, go to Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers for more information. For more information, refer to this document.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried following the guide before, the thing is "HP Printer" does not show when using the google assistant to search. I have come to the conclusion, that the app is not currently compatible with my language; danish. 

Am I correct?

Are you currently working on making it compatible?

Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

@SkjoldTom,

As of now, only English Google account is compatible and its made available only for a few countries as per this document.

Please check the Google Home compatibility list below. You can refer to the FAQs from the above document.

The Danish language could be made available in the future.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.