RosieInk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Is it time to buy a new printer?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer, F0V69A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my printer for awhile now, and I've loved it, but it no longer seems to be working:

*I can no longer print from my 2018 Microsoft Surface laptop (I can only print thru my phone), and if I do get lucky and my printer will receive a print job from my laptop, it is NEVER in color

*When trying to print from my laptop, my laptop will say that the printer is offline, even though I was able to print off a document from my phone minutes earlier (and no amount of restarting my laptop and my printer sends to help them connect with each other)

*I have to unplug my printer and plug it back in in order for the printer to receive print jobs from my phone

*My printer isn't staying connected to my home wifi, and HP emailed me about the interrupted connectivity, but I haven't disabled my wifi nor have I disconnected my printer from my wifi

*There are times when I will try to check the status of my printer, which is on, but it does not respond because it's frozen (not even pressing the power button fixes/unfreezes it), and the only way to fix it is by unplugging/re-plugging it

Is there software that I can run that will "clean" the printer or is it just time for me to get a new printer?

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,874 31,585 5,434 12,725
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation